I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1.24.12

Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart above all else for it determines the course of your life.

My Thoughts
I was thinking, "How do I guard my heart?" I believe I guard it by what I allow to go into it. I guard it by building a wall around it with God's words. The more I know God's word...the more protected my heart is. The more I know God's word the better I am at knowing what is truth. The better I can recognize the lies of the devil.

I picture it like this... Each word of God that I put in my heart is like a stitch knitted into a blanket. When I get started I knit 10 stitches... and a bad day rips out 7.... I still have three... so the next day I knit 10 stitches to go with the 3 left over from the day before... now I have 13...then if I have another stressful day and 7 stitches are ripped out I have 6 left over... eventually the blanket is big enough to withstand loosing more than 10 stitches in a day ... there are the good days too...and if I knit daily... then there are no stitches removed. When I stay in God's word my blanket keeps growing... it grows big enough to wrap around me and keep me all safe for the outside elements.  But I have to keep knitting...always working on my blanket...so when the devil comes and rips out a few stitches I keep replacing them. If I get out of God's word...and wander away... I don't add stitches to my blanket..... eventually all the stitches can be ripped out.  I have to take care to mend my blanket.... and keep growing it...so I will always be protected. I have to make sure I guard my heart...filling it each day with the words of God. When my heart is full of the knowledge of God's love and the knowledge of God's promises, it stays guarded... it keeps me on the right path.

God gives us his words... it is up to us to seek them out... when we seek out God's word, earnestly, God makes sure that we get understanding. When we understand...that understanding falls down into our hearts and becomes a part of who we are. God used his words to speak the world into existence, to put the stars in the sky... to create the plants and animals. Look what an amazing place the earth is. Imagine what an amazing heart we can have when we fill our hearts with God powerful words.

No comments: