I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 29, 2012

1.29.11

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.

My Thoughts
I loved this today when I read it!  It just gave me a sense of peace and belonging! So often we go about wanting to belong.... all of us. It starts in school... but it happens every where we go. We want to belong to be a part of. Not to be left out. If we can get it to drop down into our heat, our souls that we do belong, we belong to God.  If we can really internalize this so much of our fear of loneliness would leave us.  So often when we choose to do the wrong things we choose to out of our fear of rejection. Our fear of not belonging. When we know, really know that we belong to God, always! .... no matter what, we then get better at making choices based on what will make God happy. We are less likely to become slaves of the need to belong.

Psalms 37:4 tells us that God cares about the desires of our hearts!  God knows that we "need to belong." If we spend our energy belonging to God.... God will make sure that our needs are met...even our  need to feel like we  belong.


No comments: