I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 20, 2012

1.20.12

Proverbs 4:4-6 4 My father taught me, “Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live. Get wisdom; develop good judgment. Don’t forget my words or turn away from them. Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you."

My Thoughts
"Love her" I was thinking about this choice of words.  I was thinking about how when we fall in love we want to spend every waking moment with that person. Getting to know them... learning everything about them... The more we learned about this person we loved the more we loved them. The more we knew how to make them happy...and we liked making them happy.

We need to love God's wisdon that much... Here we are told to love what he teaches us that deeply. We are told to hold on to God's wisdom... put it in our hearts so much so that it is actually a part of who we are. When we do what God tells us to do our lives are protected..we are guarded.  God wants us to always be protected and guarded...but we have to do our part.

One example I can think of right off hand is God warns us aginst borrowing ... God's words says that the borrower is the slave to the lender. If we put this in our hearts..and live by it we are protected ... we can pay our bills...because we don't have too many loans that  get in the way of our bills.  We are free-er to make career choices because we are not so bound to our lenders....God protects us when we do what he ask us to do...so if we make the wise choice...the choice learned from wisdom we put ourselves under the protection of God's promises. We have to do our part.

When we love somebody we spend time with them, we get to know them..we make choices based on knowing them... When we love wisdom we spend time in it... learning it...making choices based on growing wiser.... God made sure here, that we know that it is our job to learn what He has to teach us..and when we do, we will be protected.

Like in the example of money...if we don't do our part from the knowledge God gave us... we won't be protected...but if we do what wisdom tells us..we will be guarded.  We can't ignore everything God has told us and then run to Him for protection from the consequences of our actions. We suffer those consequences for a reason... so that we will learn and grow and hopefully do better.  But if we are wise.. we learn from God's word and we don't have to suffer from our actions... if we learn wisdom we make the right choices.

I can hear God talking to Himself about us.. cheering us on even... saying come on people...I have it all written down for you!... Just read and learn, please choose wisdom... please choose to be protected... I can't stand seeing you hurt!!

We can spend time suffering the consequences of our actions..which in some cases takes years to get through.. or we can spend quality time each day in God's word learning and growing and doing. As hard as making time to learn and grow seems to be... suffering is much harder.

God's wisdom is free for the taking... we just have to do the taking...which takes a bit of our time... it is always time well spent!




No comments: