I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 28, 2012

1.28.12

Psalms 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.


3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.


4 Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.


5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.


6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD
forever.
 
My Thoughts
David so knew this! It was in his heart...deep down in his soul. David was so sure of God's love.  So many of us have "known" this scripture since we were children.  Most all of us have at least heard it.  A large part of us at some point paid enough attention to these verses to understand them. But David felt them deep in his soul they were a part of him. We need to learn them enough that the drop from our mind right into our spirit.
 
I heard once that a psychiatrist decided to have his patients, that suffered from depression, read these verses, four times a day. Not memorize them...but have them handy and read them... paying attention to what the words actually said. They were to do this every day for a month (I think it was a month).... They were to read them first thing in the morning, at lunch time...then around dinner time and before going to bed. When his patients came back almost all of them showed great improvement..and something like 80% of them were no longer depressed.
 
There is something about knowing, deep in our souls, all that God wants for us. God wants to give us all we need. God wants to make sure we have peace. God wants us to choose the right path, he even wants to show us what the right path is. God wants to prove to the world he loves us. God wants us to know that even when times are really, really hard that he is right there with us. And even though we feel afraid that we don't have to be afraid because he is taking care of us. If we seek him we can actually feel his presence. God wants us to know and understand that when we choose to do the right things no matter what our enemies do to us..that we will prosper and they will see that we prosper. God give us all that we need and even more... he will pour out blessings that are more that we can hold. God is always chasing after us to love us and he always will! God wants to take us to live in his beautiful home forever.
 
When this drops down into our souls...when it is a so much a part of our heart that we feel it... that is when we will begin to see changes that we could never imagine for ourselves!  No wonder those people got better!!

No comments: