I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1.11.12

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

My Thoughts
When my children were little I would always tell them "Pretty is as pretty does."  It is so true...we often meet a beautiful person with hateful actions and at some point we don't even seem them as pretty any more.  Then again we can meet a plain person that is loving and kind and when we get to know them all we see is beauty... we know that a room lights up when they walk in... in our minds and in our hearts they are beautiful.

We have also seen somebody that we knew could be beautiful  "if"...we are not sure of the "if" but we see the potential there for beauty.

Love shines through no matter! God is love... if we love God we are in turn filled with great love..... and that love will fill a room... no matter how old we get or how many wrinkles we have... love makes us beautiful.   There is a quote that I love that says "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel." When we people make us feel loved they are the most beautiful people in the world.

When we seek after God the fist thing that happens is we feel loved...that alone changes us... it shows. I remember just a couple of months after I started reading my Bible, I ran into a friend that I had worked with. She said "Jeannie, what is different about you? You glow!" I knew what was different about me...I felt totally loved and protected by God. I told her that too! God's love had made me glow!! The next thing that happens when we seek after God and get filled to overflowing with His love... that overflowing of love has to spill out..and it spills out to the people around us...we begin to make them fell loved. We become beautiful because we glow with God love..and because we make them feel good!  No cosmetic in the world can make us as beautiful as the love of God can! And God's love doesn't was off!

No comments: