I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 27, 2012

1.27.12

Matthew 18:2-4 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them.  Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

My Thoughts
Every time I read this verse I think of how much little kids love their daddy's. When my kids were little...I remember Robby driving up in the driveway....I would wait a minute, giving him time to get almost to the door and say "Daddy's home!" They would go running so excited to see their daddy! They could not wait to spend time with him. They had to tell him everything they could think of that happened in their day! Good and bad. They knew that no matter what they did...no matter how much they messed up that their daddy loved them.  If they had a broken toy they would get it and take it to their daddy to fix. I remember them breaking something and saying, "Daddy can fix it!"

We need to be just as excited to spend time with God.  We need to understand that we can tell him anything. Our triumphs and our failures. When we have a problem we need to take it directly to God. God is the one with the power to make it better. Yet we often go to our friends, our family talking, talking, talking about our problems before we go to God. My children took their broken things straight to their daddy. That is what we should do, take our problems straight to our Father in Heaven.

My kids laughed with their daddy, we should laugh with God! They felt joy when their daddy got home from work. We have God with us all the time, we should bask in the joy of His presence.

Robby went to work every day (still does) and worked hard because he loved Madison and John-Robert and me so much... and it was his job to take care of us. God loves us even more than that. God is always ready to take care of us. That is something to get excited about!

No comments: