I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 16, 2012

1.16.12

Genesis 33:10 But Jacob insisted, "No, I have found favor with you (Esau), please accept this gift from me. And what a relief to see your friendly smile. It is like seeing the face of God."

My Thoughts
In Chapter 32 Jacob has wrestled with God... Jacob had won...and God had given him the name Israel.  I think when God gave Jacob his new name God must have smiled.  That smile was on Jacob's mind the next day when Jacob met up with Esau.  Jacob had seen the face of God... and that warm, welcoming smile...that friendly smile reminded Jacob of God's face.

I don't think I will ever again see a friendly smile the same.  From this verse I will know that a friendly smile has a hint of God's face in it! I have finally internalized that all that we have is from God.. even a smile across a crowded room is from God.... now when I see a friendly smile I will know that not only is if from God, it looks like the face of God. Now I know that every friendly smile is so totally of God. How special is that. With this knowledge how can we not feel special each time someone smiles at us! Because every time someone smiles at is we are being loved by God himself... we are getting a fleeting glimpse of God and all the love He has in His heart for us at that very moment!

With this knowledge in our hearts we should never deny anybody that same moment! When we think to smile at someone we should always act on that urge to smile! So that they too can feel God's love...even if they don't know that is what they are feeling!

Today this made me feel so totally warm and happy inside... how does it make you feel?

No comments: