I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1.17.12

Proverbs 3:21-26 My child, don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment. Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul. They are like jewels on a necklace.  They keep you safe on your way,  and your feet will not stumble.  You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly.  You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the LORD is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.

My Thoughts
I needed this... I looked up discernment...I vaguely knew what it meant...I wanted to be sure...to have the right words in my head... it is defined as "the ability to judge well." The more we read and study God's word... the more we talk to God and listen to the Holy Spirit inside of us the wiser we grow... in all areas including common sense and discernment.  We are told here to trust our common sense... trust our ability to judge well.  When something makes sense...and it feels right in our spirit, our gut... then we can trust that! If it feels wrong...we can trust that.  We all know the difference in talking ourselves into something being right or wrong...we know we are having that conversation with ourselves. We know when it is just common sense.. we know when we have used discernment. God gives us common sense and God gives us discernment...we are to use them wisely. The will refresh our soul.... they will protect us from traps the devil tries to put in our path. They will protect us from people that the devil uses to pull us in to something that is not good for us. Common sense tells us when something is too good to be true... discernment tells us to sit back and examine the big picture... look at all the parts and see if what we are looking at will work. I think God is telling us here...Look I have given you the tools to protect yourselves, trust them, use them! Don't second guess them, they are gifts I give you for your protection, use them wisely.




No comments: