I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 21, 2012

1.21.12

Psalms 18:24 The Lord rewarded me for doing right; he has seen my innocence.

My Thoughts
I love this! God sees us... he knows when we do what we are suppose to do... he rewards us when we do what he ask. Even if the world doesn't notice us God always does. We so often miss the rewards of God because we are not looking for them... we think "oh I was lucky." Sometimes we think what we did, is why we got what we got.  But the fact was actually that God gifted us because we chose to do the right think. We are really growing  when we stop and take notice enough to stop and thank God, when we acknowledge that the things we are blessed with are gifts God has showered down on us. Learning that... letting that fact drop down from our brain into our soul is a blessing too... because then we have the opportunity to feel just how much God does love us.

I have a story that is a good example of God's blessing.  Years ago we started paying off everything...and saving, saving for our purchases. We worked really hard at this!  We clipped coupons... gave up going out to eat. But we knew doing this was the right thing for us to do.  We had $6000 put back for our next car...we were paying ourselves a car payment.... then Robby needed a truck... his truck just finally gave out... it wouldn't go any more...we were disappointed because we had not had the chance to save more.  Then much to our amazement Robby found a truck for $6000 ... a one owner... good millage.. very well kept up. It was only $6000. It was exactly what Robby was looking for and it looked almost new! We were so proud of ourselves...but the fact is God gifted us for doing the right thing.  We could have decided we could afford payments on $6000 and never found that perfect truck...but because God wanted to reward us He put the perfect truck in Robbys path.... At the time we didn't understand this concept as much as we do now... but, God reward us anyway...so  that we did  understand we would have  something in our very own lives to keep in our hearts as an example of God keeping His promises to us. We were so blessed that day...not because we did something outstanding...we were blessed that day because God loves us all, and God had taken notice of our effort.

God sees what we do... all the time... even when people don't notice we can rest assure that God doesn't miss a thing!

No comments: