I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5.3.11

John 3:17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world though him.

My Thoughts
Jesus, perfect Jesus didn't judge anybody He just loved them.  Just loved them.  He didn't say "I am dieing on the cross for these people, but not these because they don't act the way I want them to." He died on the cross for all of us. Every single one of us. I am thankful that Jesus doesn't judge me like people judge me, like I judge myself.  What I have noticed during the storm that hit my state of Alabama is that people in tragedy act more like Jesus...they rush out and help others...they feel compassion and love for each and every person on the streets of destruction...they don't judge who they want to help...they just want to help!!  What if we could be like this all the time... helping others... giving... pitching in.... not judging why a person got into a mess... just pulling up our sleeves and helping them get out of the mess.  It is wonderful that we are more like Jesus in a disaster...now if we can just be more like Jesus when the disaster is over.

1 comment:

ricksmorgan said...

So sorry for all the devastation in Alabama! My prayers are with you! So true...we should be thankful for each other and be helpful when times are good as well as when disaster strikes! Let's all try to love each other!