I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 19, 2011

5.19.11

Psalms 116:6a The Lord protects those of childlike faith.

My Thoughts
What God can do in our lives is only limited by our faith in what God can do.  If we have the faith in God, He can do amazing things in our lives.  I thought about "childlike faith" when I read this verse.  My dad is a big man!!... 6'3" I am thinking...and when he weighed 250 lbs he had not an oz of fat... he was all mussel.  I have had people that he worked with tell me how he could pick up a grown man with one arm. My uncle, George says that when he was just a little, little boy he could pick up things a grown man could pick up... This is true!!...Imagine how big and strong he looked to me when I was just a little girl... I knew, didn't think, knew my daddy could protect me from anything..I knew he could do anything.  I remember winning a 1st place trophy when I was 6 years old...I had worked hard, really hard to win this trophy.... and when they called my name I ran and got my trophy...and ran as hard as my 6 year old legs could carry me... and leaped from far away into my daddy's arms... I never hesitated one minute when I jumped!  My daddy would catch me...and he did!  There was not a ride that I wouldn't ride at the fair when I was little as long as I could ride it with my daddy.  No matter how scary it looked if I was on there with my daddy he would protect me!! My  daddy's  strong presence was all I needed to feel safe.  Even when I got hurt I knew my daddy could make it better.  When he reached down and picked me up I could feel his strength...I somehow knew I didn't weight anything in his strong hands. So much so that I can almost feel that feeling of him lifting me up in the air when I think about it. That faith I had in my daddy was "childlike" faith.

As we grow and get older we know our daddy's have limitations.... But God, God is different, God can do anything.  We are the ones that limit God's power in our lives when we don't try because we don't believe.  Oh the things we see God do in our lives when we have faith... just think of the things God could do in our lives if we had the faith of a child!  So much of what we think God doesn't do in our lives is because we didn't try, we didn't try because we didn't have faith that God would step in and do what we couldn't do on our own.  Sometime we speak the faith without truly believing deep down in our heart. I didn't even have to think about leaping into my daddy's arms..I knew he would catch me...I would have so missed that moment if I had thought he couldn't catch me...and my memory of that moment with my daddy is bigger than that memory of my trophy!!  I would have so missed out if I had not had faith in my daddy.  What things do we miss out on life because we don't have faith in God?  I am going to work on jumping into life the way I jumped into my daddy's arms... God is stronger than even my daddy.

No comments: