I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 16, 2011

5.16.11

1 Samuel 18:14 David continued to succeed in everything he did, for the Lord was with him.

My Thoughts
We tend to go about seeking success in so many ways... we think if I do this... if I study that...if I work hard enough... those things are important! But the first and most important step to success is God.  If we spent as much effort studying what God wants from us... if we spent as much time talking to God as we do talking to people... we would keep God with us... and just as God made David successful in everything he did, God will make us successful in all that we do.  God always wants to be with us... He just gives us the choice. When we choose God above all else everything else follows.  Psalm 37:4  tells us Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.  David did just that... David spent time with God... David talked to God all the time... David depended on God... David succeeded in everything he did.  We don't have to spend time seeking after the desires of our heart to have them... we just have to spend time seeking after God, then everything else will fall into place.  We make life and success complicated... God makes it simple. Trust and love God.  Just don't get discouraged by confusing simple with easy.  Our job is to keep our eyes and our hearts on God... then  we are in the right place for God to keep his eyes and his heart on us.

No comments: