I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, May 22, 2011

5.22.11

John 12:49 (Jesus said) I don't speak on my own authority.  The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it.

My Thoughts
We are suppose to strive to be like Jesus. Jesus was able to walk this earth as a man and not sin, because he always listened to God. I read this and thought of how many times our words get us in trouble! More often than not the trouble most of us get into starts with the words that come out of out mouth. Just think how much our lives would change it we were in the habit of asking God to help us with our words every single time we spoke. When we spoke to our spouse, to our children, to our friends, to our co workers, to strangers. For some of us just taking the time to ask God each time we before we spoke would be less time we were talking. :0) When I have been wise enough to do this I find that I am sometimes surprised by the words that do actually come out of my mouth...they make me smile. But, sometimes the words that come out of my mouth, when I have not talked to God about my words, I want to suck them right back in as if I have never said them..but it is too late.  I imagine Jesus walking about quietly a big part of the time... taking in all that God had to say to him...I imagine when someone ask Him a question that he didn't jump right in with the answer...Jesus consulted God first...and this took a few minutes. The minutes the people had to wait were well spent minutes because what came out of Jesus' mouth, well that was wonderful amazing stuff... and you wouldn't have wanted to miss a word. It was worth the wait. We are so use to speaking without even thinking, much less consulting God first.  A good place to start is in the morning, in our morning prayers, ask God to help us with our words...then we can add a prayer at lunch time...then again before we walk through the door to great our family.  That would be a good start... but oh to get to the point of always asking before we open our mouth.  Not only would we stay out of trouble this way... our words would be such a blessing to others.  If we are suppose to give God ten percent of what he gives us... then at the least we could do is make sure that ten percent of what we say should come from seeking God first... Jesus gave 100 percent of His words to God.

No comments: