I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, May 29, 2011

5.29.11

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

My Thoughts
I got so excited when I read this today!!... Recently my son, John-Robert and I had a conversations about how they use to light paths... he is a Secondary Ed major with a concentration in History.  He and I were in Gatlinburg and we went down a path with these gas lanterns...he explained to me how these didn't put off much light...when they were used years ago their purpose was to mark the path at night so you could know which way to go....these lights didn't light the path at all...they just directed your way.  So to be able to see where you were stepping you would need your own lantern.  Still you would not know what was very far in front of you...only just a few steps at a time...and what the right directions was. 

This information so changed what this verse means to me.... God's word directs our way, the lights on the path.....and it shows us a clear path for the things right in front of us, the lamp for our feet.  We can't see what is in front of us, but when we read our Bible and stay in God's work we know what direction to go to get us to the right place... we have to trust the light and follow it... as we come upon things in our path that we can see we can also depend on God's word to help us through that situation. Just like the travelers depending on the lights on the paths to get them to the right place... we need to depend on God's word, totally trusting that it will lead us to safe places...it will lead us to where we need to go... we don't have to know all the details along the way before we set out.. we just have to trust the "light."  As we go along we can see the step we need to take that are right in front of us because God's word is a lamp unto our feet!!... When we trust God we don't have to know all the details of the trip...we just have to know the direction... God has taken the time to light the path.  If we were a traveler long ago we would never ever go out into the darkness...we would always, always be walking toward the next light... each person may take different steps to get to the next light but they would stay in the directions of the light....using their lamp for safe footing... we should in our lives stay in God's word for our save arrival and safe footing just as if we were following the lights in the darkness.  God's word is as important in our journey in life as the lights were in the people journey in the night. 

No comments: