I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5.24.11

John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

My Thoughts
Do you want people to see you as a child of God?  Do you want people to know that you are a Christian? The way to do that is by loving one another!  Even loving people that we don't always like.  We might ask how do you love somebody that you don't like?? We do that all the time with family...maybe that is why God gave us families, so we could have a lesson in loving.  So when we became Christians we know how to love even the people that are hard to love.  I have an uncle that is a little on the crazy side, he can't see past himself and he can be rather annoying... but I love my uncle in-spite of himself...I can't help it!  I can actually see him as adorable in the mist of being annoyed by him.  Because he is family and I am suppose to love him I do.  If we would stop and see the world as family, God's family, wouldn't we treat others with love?  Wouldn't we be more tolerant of peoples differences, peoples little annoyances and love them anyway?  I love my uncle anyway... but I admit there are people I have worked with that I didn't love anyway.  I treat my uncle kindly and with great love even when he is annoying... I should treat all people that annoy me with that same kind of love.  My uncle can snap out of himself and be loving back and I love those moments with him... wouldn't I find moments with others in the world if I loved them just because too.  How can we teach the world about Jesus' amazing love by being unloving? We want Jesus to love us in spite of ourselves, in spite of how ugly we can act. In spite of our annoyences. We want Jesus to forgive us in spite of ourselves.  We need to treat the world like family you love anyway and the world will see Jesus in us. There is no better way to be a witness than love.






No comments: