I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 26, 2011

5.26.11

Proverbs 16:3 Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.

My Thoughts
The Bible, God's instruction book for our lives! Right here it is, how to be successful.  We all want to be successful in something, in some way.  Some of us want huge success, some of us just want a series of small successes. God gives us the ability to be successful...we just have to do our part. Our part is to commit our actions to God. Commit our words to God. Commit our thoughts to God...then God will take care of our success.

We tend to make life so hard... we keep doing things our way..trying hard to be good at this thing and then that thing... we keep trying to figure out the answers... we make life such a struggle.  We go about making life harder than it has to be. Oh yes even when we do everything right there are going to be struggles.  But if we commit our actions to the Lord, He will make sure our plans succeed. So even if there is struggle before the success you can know success is coming when you commit your actions to God.

I need control in my life... a product of my childhood.  So I have had to learn to give things over to God little bits at a time... and that is okay!... I keep giving God more... I may have done it with baby steps but I am so learning that God takes care of me when I spend my time loving Him...and loving others because I want them to feel the love of God. My steps aren't baby steps any more.. they get bigger all the time...and sometimes I find myself running toward what God wants for me.  Now to commit my day each day to God....every day, the good days and the bad day... At night when I lay down I want to feel successful...the key to this success is starting my day committing my actions to God.

No comments: