I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, May 13, 2011

5.13.11

1 Samuel 14:6b “Perhaps the Lord will help us, for nothing can hinder the Lord. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!”

My Thoughts

God can always, always, always defeat the enemy. Whether the enemy is many or few. When God sends us out to face the enemy He is with us every step of the way. When we wake up in the morning with that “I have already been defeated” feeling, that is the enemy attacking us. God is there… we just have to call out to God, give our day to Him, ask Him to help us accomplish what we need to accomplish. Actually we need to ask God what He wants us to accomplish that day. Then we need to trust in God that He has everything under control. When we give our day to God…and we live inside God’s will we put ourselves under the protection of God.

I picture like those old army formations where the soldiers get in the square… the shields out in front and on all sides… even on top with me right, slap, dab in the middles… we can move in all directions and I can stay all safe and secure even with arrows coming in my direction. But if I refuse to stay where I am told… if I move outside the protection…if I squeeze through all the people put in place to protect me… even for a moment I am in great danger of being hurt or even killed. But when I stay in the center of all those layers of soldiers I am tucked away safely.

Living in the will of God is like having layers of soldiers around us… When we read the Bible that puts one layer of safety around us…then when we pray that puts another layer of safety around us…. When we surround ourselves with godly people that adds another to our cube of safety…when we love others that puts another layer of safety around us. When God tells us to do something and we listen those layers of safety move with us, keeping out the danger. Even when we get close to the danger…even if we have to do battle that cube of safety keeps us, protects us. But if we decide to go on out on our own.. Even as we hear the holy spirit nudging us not to do so we leave the safety of that protection and risk so much. God is strong enough to win our battles!… even when it is just God and one person, God can always win. We just have to remember to put God in charge…to give it all to God. Then even when we find ourselves in a battle we can come out on the other side in victory.

No comments: