I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, May 21, 2011

5.21.11

John 12:3-4 &7-8 Then Mary took a 12oz. jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus' feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair.  The house was filled with the fragrance. But Judas Iscariot, the disciple who would soon betray him, said, "that perfume was worth a year's wages. It should have been sold and the money given to the poor." Jesus replied, "Leave her alone. She did this in preparation for my burial. You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

My Thoughts
Each person honors God and Jesus in their own way.  We were all made different.  We were all made to be who we are.  We all have the same purpose, to love and worship and honor God.  But how we go about that will be as different.  In doing so each of us will reach different people for the Lord our God. God knows when we are doing things to honor him and He accepts our gifts, our love when it comes from our heart. We think of gifts to God in terms of money or our tithes (these are important).  But our gifts to God come in so many other ways.  When we do for others, we are doing for God's children.  As a parent we can truly understand how this would make God smile.  When somebody does something for our own children we love that person automatically.  They love our child, we love them.  We don't measure what they do by what others do.  We just love them because they did their thing and it made our child happy.  We all have different gifts. All those gifts came from God.  The things we do for God is not what is important. Doing for God is what is important.  The choice needs to be honoring God with our actions and our gifts and in the way we treat others. God knows what is in our hearts, just as Jesus knew what was in Mary's heart. God accepts our gifts to him as a treasure. 

No comments: