I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 30, 2011

5.30.11

Proverbs 16:11 The Lord demands accurate scales and balances; he sets the starndard for fairness.

My Thoughts
Have you ever noticed how fair seems to be different when we are doing something for somebody, or somebody is doing something for us.  It seems you can learn a lot about somebody by watching how they talk about what is fair. We have all seen people be angry because somebody didn't pay them on time and in the same conversation be upset because somebody didn't understand why they themselves couldn't pay on time. We have all seen that person at work that complained about somebody not working hard as they themselves were avoiding work.  We have seen bosses that expected something from their employees that they didn't do themselves.  An accurate scale and balance is when we expect from ourselves the same as we expect from others.  And to be on the safe side we should expect a little  more of ourselves than we do others.  We all respect a boss who follows their own rules, who never ask anything of us that we have not seen them do.  We respect friends who would never ask us to do something for them that they wouldn't do for us.  God sees us when no one is looking and God expects us to be fair even when nobody else sees.  A good way to keep ourselves in check..to make sure our scales are in balance ....is to ask ourselves would I want somebody else to do this to me? If I were the boss would I want my employee to ask like I am acting to do what I am doing... If I were the employee would I want my boss to act like I am acting or do what I am doing...  Would I want  my spouse to do this to me or for me?.... Would I want my friend to do this to me or for me? Our answers don't need to include a but... if we hear ourselves saying No, but... we need to examine if we are really being fair. The key to an accurate scale in life is "treat others as we want to be treated." without any "buts." Treat your spouse like you want our spouse like we want our spouse to treat us. Treat our friends  like you want our friends to treat us. Treat our bosses like we want our bosses to treat us. Treat our employees like we want want to be treated.  Treat the people at the checkout like we would want to be treated if we were standing on the other side of the counter. It is so easy to be a bit selfish, especially in this busy, busy world.... but it is so much easier to get a good nights sleep when we are selfless. People tend to treat us like we treat them, yes there are always exception, if we treat others fairly, we in turn will get our fair share. We should live our lives in a way that makes God smile, being fair, truly fair.. that will make God smile.

No comments: