I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, May 15, 2011

5.15.11

1 Samuel 17:37 "The Lord rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear and will rescue me from this Philistine!"

My Thoughts
I love this!... David drew from what God had done for him in the past to know what God would do for him in the future.  So many times when we face difficult situations we only see the "I cant's" we forget to go see the "God cans." David remembered what God had done for him.  He put these things in his heart. The were a part of who he would become if he depended on what God could do, not on what he could do. David became a King. The more we get to know God... the more we are able to give to God...and the more we aware we become of the things God does in our lives.  We need to place those things in our remembrance... because when we remember what God gets us through, what God does through us, what God accomplishes in our lives the more we are able to face.  When we become aware of what God can do through us we are more able to "Let go and let God." David was a Shepard who became King! ... what amazing thing could God do with us? We will never know if we don't take time to learn just what God can do.  Each day we need to give that day to God...and each night we need to put in our heart the things God did through us that day, the things God did for us that day. Then when we face our giant we can go into battle as confident as David.

No comments: