I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, May 14, 2011

5.14.11

John 8:10-11 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, "Where are your accusers? Didn't Even one of them condemn you?" "No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

My Thoughts
The towns people had drug this woman in to the square... to have her stoned to death for committing adultery. Jesus said (verse 7)" Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!" Everyone had to walk away, everyone except Jesus.  Jesus didn't condemn this woman, Jesus forgave this woman.  When we mess up... when we don't listen and we feel the whole world is against us, we don't have to give up!.. we can go to Jesus.  Jesus forgives!... Jesus loves us so much!  So much that he died on the cross willingly for our sins. People tend to judge our sins in some kind of order...this sin is worse than that sin... or bigger... this sin is smaller.  I think people do this because they want to feel better about their own sin. Jesus didn't say to the people "If you have done a smaller sin than this woman, cast the first stone!" .... Jesus said "He who is without sin, cast the first stone!"... Jesus was without sin and still He didn't cast a stone at all... Jesus said I don't condemn you!... When we mess up...when the world takes us over...and then isn't willing to forgive us... Jesus is willing to forgive! We can be forgiven!

There is a second lesson in this story... Jesus had no sin and didn't condemn the woman.... the rest of us... we are full of sin and have no right to condemn anybody.  So when we fill the desire to judge somebody to make ourselves feel better... we need to remember that if we have the need to feel better because of our sins... we don't have the right to judge others because of their sins.  We never have the right to judge and condemn.  Jesus came to the world to love all of us and Jesus ask us to do the same...to love others as we love ourselves (Luke 10:27).  We don't want others judging us... we want others to forgive us...we want others to love us... To love others as we love ourselves we need to do for others what we want them to do for us.

I am so thankful that Jesus saved this woman... because that means that Jesus would save me if I was taken to the town square for my sins.  If I truly love my neighbor as I love myself...I should also be thankful that my neighbor, no matter who he is or what he has done, would be saved by Jesus if he were taken to the town square. To love our neighbor is to be happy that Jesus does for them what Jesus does for us.  I am so happy and thankful that Jesus forgives.  I want to be like Jesus.

No comments: