I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 2, 2011

5.2.11

Psalms 103:11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.

My Thoughts
It is hard to fathom how much God loves us... the best understandable comparison is when we become a parent and hold that helpless baby in our arms... we are filled with the overwhelming love for somebody else that we didn't before that moment realize existed... We go from this self centered human to somebody that would do anything humanly possible to protect that little life in our hands.  Yet as great as that love is.... it does not even compare to the love that God has for each of us!!.. We have been told  how far the moon is from the earth and we can't really even wrap our minds around that number... we have been told how far Pluto is from earth and can't comprehend that number... we don't even know how far heaven is above the earth to even begin to fathom how much God loves us.....but you know what we don't have to know... God knows and He loves us as great as the height of the heavens above the earth... how vast that love must be.... how all encompassing.  Just the thought makes me want to stand with my arms stretched out looking up to heaven and take the time to feel God's love being poured out over me...it is amazing when we take the time to bask in the love that God has for us how we can feel His presence... his power washing over us like water from a water fall. I love that God loves me so much!!

No comments: