I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 9, 2013

4.9.13

Luke 13:6-9 Then Jesus told this story: "A man planted a fig tree in his garden and came again and again to see if there were any fruit on it, but he was always dissapointed.  Finally, he said to his gardener, 'I have waited three years; and there hasn't been a single fig! Cut it down. It's just taking up space in the garden.'

The gardener answered, 'Sir, give it one more chance.  Leave it another year and I'll give it special attention and plenty of fertilizer.  If we get figs next  year fine.  If not, the you can cut it down."
 
My Thoughts
This is a powerful story.  It tells me that God expects us, as His children to produce good fruit.  When we ask Jesus into our heart God expects to see evidence of the love He gives us.  This story also tells me that God give us time to grow in Him...and He gives time for the evidence of His love to show through us. 
 
There are several places in the Bible where it talks about us showing the fruit of God's love in our life.  If we are truly changed by God, that change will show.  The gardener would save the fig tree if there were only one fig, just one sign of change.  God knows that it takes each of us different times to show the fruits of His love, and He accepts that.  He even accepts the prayers of Jesus, on our behalf, to give us another chance to show those fruits.  This story says to me that in the end we have to show evidence, even if it is just a tiny bit of evidence, in our lives that we love and accept Jesus as our Savior to be counted as a one of God's children. 

No comments: