I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 13, 2013

4.13.13

Luke 16:18-19 The rich man had to admire the dishonest rascal for being so shrewd.  And it is true that the children of this world are more shred in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light.  Here's the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends.  The, when your earthly possessions are going, they will welcome you to an eternal home.
 
My Thoughts
I love this... I believe that Jesus is telling us here to use our resources to benefit the lost, to get their attention, to show them God's love through us.  And when we do this they will hear us when we talk about Him.  They will be open to us because we were willing to share.  Then one day we will be in heaven together. We can't just preach to people and expect them to hear us. We have to love them, we have to show that love by doing for them...then they will see God in us and want what God has given us!  I love it!! 

No comments: