I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 6, 2013

4.6.13

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 "Today I have given you a choice between life and death, between blessings and curses.  Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make.  Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him.  This is the key to your life.  And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.
 
My Thoughts
First we have a choice...but we have to make that choice.  When we make the choice to love God and follow his way we not only choose God, we choose blessings.  We have this choice as individuals... but we also have this choice as a whole, as a country.  If our country makes the wrong choice, everybody suffers the curses of not living a life that is pleasing to God.  Our sins effect the lives of others.  
 
Look at this part of the verse, now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make.  We had a visiting pastor once that said the earth itself is effected by our sins, that it morns when we life outside of God's will. This verse tells us that the earth knows when we choose blessings or when we choose curses. 
 
We as a country have the opportunity to choose the blessings of God.  But we have to make choices that please God.  That is why it is so very important to put godly men, men that love God with all their hearts in office, so that they will make good choices. So that they will make good laws, so that they will make decisions based on the word of God.  When we do this, when our leaders do this our country will prosper, and out earth will quit having mourning pains... our whole land, our whole country will reap the benefits of the blessings of God. 
 
 

No comments: