I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 19, 2013

4.19.13

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. 
 
My Thoughts
This verse reminded me of Romans 15:13... now mind you I didn't say to myself, "Oh that reminds me of Romans 15:13!" ... I am not that good...I did think to myself that reminds me of that Bible verse about God being our hope...that was enough information for me to google the verse I was thinking of.   Anyway Romans 15:13 tells us this, "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
 
When we put off getting to know God, I mean really getting to know God, spending time in our Bibles, and in prayer...we deferre hope!!  We were made for loving God...that is what our spirit dreams about... As long as we put off knowing God..we will have that empty feeling inside of us, we will have that longing and anxieties of some kind.  But when we get to know God..our soul's dream is fulfilled and our hearts find peace and joy!! 

No comments: