I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4.23.13

Luke 21:34-36 "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life.  Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man."
 
My Thoughts
We know this one...not to get caught up in partying and drinking so that we are not ready for Jesus.  But look at the next part...we are not to get so busy worrying about life that we don't take time for God. In fact if we are so busy that we can't make time for God we are too busy and we need to examine our lives and see what we can take away to make time!  What I am learning is that if I make time for God, God makes sure I have time to take care of the necessary! 
 
If we don't have time for God in everyday life...how will we ever be able to keep our eyes on him when the end time comes and there are horrible troubles that we all face each day?  Prayer needs to be so much apart of our lives that it is our first response in times of trouble.
 
When the bombs went off during the marathon how many people in our country sent up a prayer immediately?  I didn't .... eventually I did... but I didn't the first second I head about it.  Nor did I hear one person interviewed say that their first response to the explosion was prayer.  I really have to work on being in constant prayer for each decision I make each day...the simple decisions!  My every decision!  So that if and when I have to face horror my first response will be prayer. So that I am in the habit of giving every situation  over to God and letting Him direct my steps and my words. 

No comments: