I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4.24.13

Luke 22:20 After supper he took another cup of wine and said, "This cup is the new covenant between God and his people --an agreement confirmed with my blood which is poured out as a sacrifice for you."
 
My Thoughts
I read this and thought of all the hero's in the Boston Marathon bombing.  People who took off their shirts to stop the bleeding of the injured.  People who ran people to the hospital.  People who took strangers into their homes. They are wonderful, heartwarming stories.  We sit in front of our televisions and feel all goose-bumpy when we hear them.  And we hope that somebody would do that for us if we were in the same situation. 
 
Then people hear and read the story of Jesus, pouring out his blood for us, not giving up his shirt, giving up his life, being beaten in our and dieing in our place.  One man that was rescued in the Boston Marathon bombing said of his hero, "We are bonded for life." As I read this today, and reflected on the bombing, I thought, "How could we not be bonded for life, with Jesus, once we heard the true story of how He suffered and died for us?" 
 
Jesus is my hero!  I will be forever bonded with Him.  I am so very thankful my life that He gave me! 

No comments: