I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4.3.13

Acts 4:19-20 But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard.
 
My Thoughts
Wow!!  Let me set this up for you... the high council had just ordered Peter and John to quit spreading "propagnda" any further.  They were going about telling the Good New of Jesus.  Peter and John replied to them that they had to obey God and could not stop telling all they had seen and heard.  God protected them...the council were afraid of starting a riot so they had to let Peter and John go.  But they didn't want to!!
 
What this verse said to me is that we have to stop being politically correct!!  We have to stop keeping our mouths shut about God in fear of stepping on someone's toes!!  We have to go about telling the Good New of Jesus!!  If we can't do this in peaceful, "politically correct," times... how will we have the strength and courage to do it if we are the generation that live through end times? 
 
We can't stand by when people stand against God without standing for God.  In Matthew 12:30-32  Jesus says, "Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me." And in Luke 11:23 Jesus says, "Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me." This is written at least twice, it is important.
 
We can not stand by and let people trash the name of God, the name of Jesus.  In Acts 4:13 the members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of ordinary men with no special training in the scripture.  We are ordinary men, we do not have to be scolars...we just have to trust that God will give us the words to speak...then we need to speak, if we don't we stand with God, we stand against God. 

No comments: