I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4.10.13

Joshua 1:8-9 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night and you be sure to obey everything in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.  This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
 
My Thoughts
Just before this in Deuteronomy 34:9 the Bible tells us, "Now Joshua son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses and laid his hands on him."   Joshua was full of wisdom yet God told him to study the Bible as it was written so far. He was to meditate on it day and night.  His wisdom, mighty as it was, still needed to be supplemented by God's word!!! We are never so smart that we don't need to keep reading and studying what God has to tell us.  His word will keep us strong. 
 
It is no wonder that in countries where they want their people powerless that they take away their Bibles!!  That act in itself tells us how powerful God's word is. 
 
Joshua walked with  Moses, Joshua say God's miracles first hand, Joshua was given the spirit or wisdom...yet Joshua still needed to read and know God's word!!  I think we do too!

No comments: