I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 29, 2013

4.29.13

Judges 8:33-35 As soon as Gideon died, the Israelites prostituted themselves by worshiping the images of Baal, making Baal-berith their god. They forgot the Lord their God, who rescued them from all their enemies surrounding them. Nor did they show any loyalty to the family of Gideon, despite all the good he had done for Israel.
 
My Thoughts
When I read this I for some reason thought about people today and how we put a value on sins.  We think of murder as this horrible sin and a white lie sometimes a not a sin at all (even though it is). We will hear gossip of somebody doing something wrong and we will look at each other with great disapproval of that sin.  We sometimes see people doing things wrong and we step in and try to "fix" their lives.  Yet when people walk away from God, when people worship sports, money, jewelry, shopping, cars, houses, TV or anything else that we can put before God, we are not phased.  And we should be!! If we want to step in and "fix" anybody of anything, we need to step in and teach people to how much God loves them...we need to make sure that they know God enough that they fall in love with Him more than they are in love with anything else.  We can't decide that all the other sins are shocking, and not be shocked that somebody doesn't love God.  
 
 

No comments: