I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 26, 2013

4.26.13

Judges 6:15 "But Lord," Gideon replied, "how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!"
 
My Thoughts
Gideon was the weakest of the weak...but God chose him!  Gideon only saw what Gideon could do by himself, he didn't see what he could do with God giving him strength and wisdom.  Not only was Gideon the least of the least, God took his army of 22,000 and sent everyone home but 300 of the men.  So here was a man who was the weakest of the weak with an tiny army of only 300 and God gave him a victory over  the Midian and all of Midian's allies!! 
 
Why was Gideon able to do all of this?... Gideon wasn't, God was able.  When we give God control over our lives He makes the way, He fights our battles...He just takes us along for the ride. 
 
Every time we are successful in anything we do, we need to give God the glory!  Because God makes anything we do possible!  God is who makes  us able.  

No comments: