I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 1, 2013

4.1.13

Proverbs 12:10 The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel.
 
My Thoughts
Since I love my animals so much I really noticed this verse. What I ended up noticing about it was how God gives us ways to access a persons character.  We need to be conscious of this as we read our Bibles, and use it as a tool.  We can use this as a way to sum people up.  But more importantly we can use it to access our own character, to see if we are being godly... to see if we are acting in a way that when people access our character will we be summed up as godly. 

1 comment:

None said...

Thank you for the wonderful scripture. I belong to animal rights and since joining http://links.causes.com/s/clJQ20?r=ShBd I have been shocked at the amount of animal cruelty. Many of the videos is too painful to watch. I post the petitions to my FB page to make others aware of these problems. I'm sure that God is so sad when He sees all that people do not only to each other, but to animals.

I only just stumbled across your blog. Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful scripture and your thoughts as well. I'll be checking back often.