I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 12, 2013

4.12.13

Luke 15:31 His father said to him, "Look, dear son, you have always been stayed with me, and everything I have is yours. 
 
My Thoughts
I believe this may be the most important line it this story of the prodigal son.  It is for me, the rule follower.  Let me catch you up if you are lost.  A man had two sons...the younger son took his half of his inheritance while his father was still alive. He went away and blew his money on wild living and when he was starving he decided to come home and be a servant in his father's house.  When he arrived home his father threw him a part.  The older son stayed home and worked the farm, did everything his father told him to do.  He was jealous that his father killed the fattened calf for his brother when his father had never even offered him a goat for a celebration. 
 
First the farmer was celebrating that his youngest son was alive.  I think the lesson for us us that when we are God's children all He has is ours... we just have to ask... if we are doing all that God requires of us and we don't have something we want, it is only because we have not ask. When we become a child of God all the treasures of heaven are ours. 
 
It is important to remember that God will supply all of our needs...and He will give us our hearts desire if it is going to be good for us, if it will not take us from him.  Luke 12:32 tells us that it gives God happiness to give us the Kingdom.  Psalms 84:11 tells us that God will hold no good thing from those who do what is right.  God wants to give us what we ask for, when it we are doing what is right and when it is good for us.  The farmer would have given his first son a feast if he had only asked. 

No comments: