I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6.28.11

Psalms 146:5 But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God.

My Thoughts
I love this... who have God as their helper... God is our helper and we can have hope that even when things seem at their worse God is there it will have His hand in making things better... God does not promise that we won't go through difficult times, after all we live on this earth. God does tell us he will be with us and help us.  When we have God in our hearts we always have hope.  Hope is a powerful thing! When we feel hopeless we give up we don't make an effort... when we have hope we push forward.  Did you every have a time when you felt like God didn't help?...I have...what I have discovered in my journey through the Bible and in Bible study is that the Bible is full of "ifs and thens".  God told Moses if you raise your staff at the waters edge then I will part the waters... God told Joshua "if" you march around the wall of Jericho and shout "then" I will make the walls fall down.  God tells us "if" we believe when we ask "then" all things are possible.  The times when I didn't think God was there...I didn't do my "if" part.... I didn't always believe, I didn't always ask...I just expected.  When I started reading my "instruction book" then I learned how....now I always have hope!!... Always!!!  Sometimes I have to stop and find my "if" to get my "then" ... but God is always there when I do!!

No comments: