I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, June 13, 2011

6.13.11

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings.

My Thoughts
This was a man who killed many, many, many Christians for loving Jesus. This is also the man who later became know as Paul and started churches, and lead so many people to Jesus.  In fact his words still lead people to Jesus today.  We should never choose who we think deserves the word of God.  No one would have ever thought that Saul deserved the word of God but Saul became a great witness for Jesus.  Saul became a most effective witness........ Saul reached people that others would have never been able to reach. Jesus didn't decide that Saul was too "bad" to use.... Jesus took this person that put all his energy into being "bad" and turned all that energy into being good.  Our lives can never be so bad that Jesus can't use us for good!  We can never have done anything so bad that God can't forgive us and turn our lives in a something wonderfully useful for Him. We should never give  up on others....and we should never give up on ourselves. God never gives up on us!

No comments: