I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6.14.11

Acts 9:31 The church then had peace throughout Judea, Galilee,, and Samaria, and it became stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord. And with the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, it also grew in numbers.

My Thoughts
Remember fear of the Lord is defined as wonder and awe. The church had wonder and awe for God...and loved God.  Because they loved God they were able to know when the Holy Spirit was encouraging them...guiding them to do what was right... guiding them to love one God and to love one another. Because the church loved God and had wonder and awe for God it became stronger.  How simple is that!.. We can become stronger as individuals, as a church, as a family, and a city, as a state, as a country by loving God because we are in awe of Him...because we see Him with great wonder.

The more I know about God the more I am in awe... the more I wonder at all He has done in the world...the more I am aware of what He does for me.  The more I call on God the more he does for me.  The closer I get to God the more I am able to know when the Holy Spirit is guiding me and the stronger I become as a person.  I use to get anxiety all the time... I didn't like new things... I didn't like putting myself in new and different situations.... the tiniest bit of disapproval from a complete stranger gave me anxiety.  (Thank goodness I felt safe within my family) I could ware myself out trying to please people... the more I couldn't the more I retreated inside the safe walls of my home and in the safe presence of my family.  I knew God.... I loved God, because we are suppose to love God.  Then I really got to know God...as I read my Bible I understood more and more about God's great love for me... and I learned to please God instead of trying to please people...if I please God, God will take care of my relationships with people...and how can you go wrong by doing what the Holy Spirit leads you to do.  I have become so much stronger... I rarely have anxiety any more.  I have had a few setback along the way...but when I get my eye on God...when I spend time with God...when I talk to God and take time to listen to God talk to me...I become stronger and stronger and stronger. It is not just a feeling I have inside me...people that know me have seen the difference in me. I am living proof that when you fear the Lord you become stronger.  I have experienced the encouragement of the Holy Spirit.  I pray that God continues to grow me into what He would have me be.  I feel so blessed to be a child of God.  I still have a long way to go... but if God grows me as much in the future as he has in the last couple of years...I can't what to see what I can be!

No comments: