I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 24, 2011

6.24.11

Psalms 142:1 I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lords mercy. I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.

My Thoughts
Isn't it funny how much we go to God for and then when we need to complain we find a friend? It's like we don't want God to hear us complain... we only want God to see us in our best light... but He sees us all the time...He knows all about our thoughts. We can take our complaints to God, David did!  Friends can't help us with our complaints.... God can! Sure they help by listening...but they can't really help us.  God can help us by letting us know when we have a bad attitude... or whispering to our heart what to do about the problem.  Our complaints are the very things that get gossip started!! We really do it backwards... we should want the world to see us in our best light to see our sweetness and our kindness... to see us as loving and thankful..... and we should run to God like He is such our friend that we can talk to Him about anything.  We go to our friends with our complaints because we feel they will understand... God made us.. he shaped us and molded us... God knows exactly how our minds and hearts work.  It is sad but true often our friends just like hearing the gossipy part of our complaints... God actually cares always about what we are complaining about and has the power to make it better. God should be so much our best friend that we go to Him with everything... our joy and our complaints. When we complain we are wanting this to get better. People tend to stoke the fire... God puts the fire out!  There is so much to learn from what David wrote... it didn't survive all these years just to be a story... it survive to teach us how to have a better life. When we complain to people we make the world less good...when we complain to God we make the world a better place. (Don't forget to thank God too.)

No comments: