I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 10, 2011

6.10.11

Proverbs 16:32 Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self control than to conquer a city.

My Thoughts
We so value people of power... so many Americans dream of powerful positions... we see success as moving up the ladder to a more powerful position...then another more powerful position.  We want people to see us as successful.  We may not conquer cities in our time on this earth, but we try and conquer our little corner of the world by having bigger and better toys than the next guy.  We want to have it all even if the stress of having it all makes us impatient and unkind. Our ultimate goal is power and possessions. Our ultimate goal needs to be pleasing God.... and it pleases God when we are patient, when we have self control, when we love one another. If we do what God ask, the rest will follow..... I imagine that Mother Teresa was the most patient person... she didn't worry about being powerful.... yet when she spoke the world listened...now that is true power...that power was granted to her because of her patients and her self-control...because of her great love for humanity.  Because she went about pleasing God.  Great things happen when we do what God ask...and one of the things God ask of us is to be patient...to have self control... would patients and self-control be something others would list about us if ask?...

No comments: