I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, June 12, 2011

6.12.11

Psalms 130:3-4 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who,O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.


My Thoughts I love the story of King David.... we are told over and over how much God loved King David.... in  the book of I Kings God tells King Solomon that if he loves Him as much as his father, David did God would make Solomon great. The beauty of the story of David is that David messed up... David sinned .... sometimes David made awful mistakes....but David always loved God... David always feared God.  Fear of the Lord is defined as wonder and awe. David always had wonder and awe for the Lord.  David always went to God and ask forgiveness and God granted that forgiveness.  David seek-ed God in all that he did.....God loved David, God didn't keep a record of David's sins. David never, ever forgot who God was.... David never forgot to take his sins to God, David never forgot to have fear of the Lord. David always, always loved God. God always forgave David and always loved David.

God loves us as much as He loved King David.  When we ask forgiveness of our sins God does not keep a record of those sins. As people we tend to keep records of sins. God throws those sins into the Sea of Forgetfulness.  If people would completely forget what we do to each other we would be in awe of their forgiveness. We would be amazed at their precious hearts of love. God does forgive and forget our sins....he blesses us with total forgiveness and forgetfulness.  For that alone we need to have wonder and awe for God.  What greater gift could we have than total, complete forgiveness. That kind of love is so perfectly pure. I picture it like this.  When a baby is born, we love it with the purest feeling of love we have ever felt...that love in our hearts is bigger than we could ever imagine it could be. That baby is perfect and our love for that baby is perfect because there is nothing, not one thing that has tarnished that love.  God love for us is even greater than that... and it is always, always that amazing once we ask for forgiveness because God is able to fully forgive and forget all or our sins. Oh what a wonderful feeling it is going to be when we get to be in the presence of God and feel that loved! And even tho we are not in the presence of God hear on earth, God still love us that much. We should never be afraid to go to God for anything, for everything. David wasn't.



No comments: