I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6.23.11

Psalms 140:13 Surely righteous people are praising your name; the godly will live in your presence.

My Thoughts
In verses 1-12 David is praying for God to protect him from his enemies...I feel sure David wanted protection for him and his men. In the end of this prayer David says "Surely righteous people are praising your name; the godly will live in your presence." What David knew what that we have to draw God near.... God waits to be invited... when we need God and don't know what to say all we have to do is praise Him...that draws God near.... God protects us when He is near.  We often go about our day stressed out... worried.... alone... frustrated..... sad. Not knowing what to do to change any of that... when we get that way we get more stressed out... we worry more.... we fell more and more alone.... we get more frustrated...our sadness grows deeper and deeper.  We feel so lost sometimes that we don't even know how to pray.  God knows our every need... our every thought when we get so deep into the struggles of life that we don't know what to ask God for all we have to do is praise God.... Praise His name! We just have to make the choice to love in God's presence...and when we praise God we draw Him near...when He is near we are in His presence...and when we are in God's presence He protects us from our enemy... from our frustration... from our stress... he protects us from feeling alone... from our sadness.  We don't have to remember perfect words... we don't have to even get our head together... we just have to start praising God... God will take care of the rest!!  (I so needed this today!!  God is so good!)

No comments: