I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 25, 2011

6.25.11

Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old. I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done.

My Thoughts
Ponder is defined as think about carefully. David spent time carefully thinking about all the great works of God. If we would take time to do that today it would do a couple of things for us....it would make us so aware of how God takes care of  us.  It would give us much less time to worry about the little things. It would also give us a chance to thank God for things we often over look. So many times we thank God but attribute wonderful thing to man.  We just don't stop and think...we don't ponder God's great works. Especially things that we are use to. An example of this is an appendectomy. The first appendectomy was risky...and amazing...people were aware that is was a miracle... they were in awe of how many lives would be saved. The family of the person saved were thanking God!!  Now somebody says "I have to have my appendix out." and the people around them say "Oh, no big deal..they do that all the time and you'll be fine."  The person going through the surgery doesn't even get credit for being sick or put to sleep.... for being cut on... much less God for saving them. Each and every time a person has a "simple surgery" God has a hand in it...it is still as much a miracle as it was the first time. Jesus healed more than one person it was a miracle every time... every time a person has their appendix out, or their gallbladder out...every time a person has a stint put in their veins...they have been saved from death...these things happen every day!  Yet we don't ponder how great God is.  When Jesus healed people whole towns were amazed...whole towns believed!...Now maybe the family of the person with the appendectomy knows that a life was saved. 

When Orville and Wilbur Wright flew the first plane people knew that was a miracle... people knew that God's hand was in that...now thousands of planes fly everyday and instead of being in awe, amazed and thankful, people are frustrated and angry that a plane takes off late..that they have to wait. We forget to be thankful that we can even fly.

When we find ourselves pondering how somebody has hurt our feelings...or what went wrong in a day...or how somebody cut us off in traffic...that is a good time to stop your mind from being upset and angry. A good time to stop and really ponder all the wonderful things God does in our world each day!  That is a good time to take time to be thankful instead of angry and upset. Instead of pondering our troubles...we should ponder the works of God.

No comments: