I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, June 20, 2011

6.20.11

Proverbs 17:17 A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

My Thoughts
I have always been thankful for my brother, Jamie.  I love him with all my heart! I have never really thought that God gave him to me...and me to him as a help in time of need.  I thanked God for him this morning, I thanked God that he gave us each other for that very purpose. I have often thanked God for my brother, just because I love him so.... but never for giving him to me for when I need him. My brother always comes when I need him, always!.. My mom, who is not his mom, had a heart attack several years back.... they rushed her to surgery because all the blood drained out of her leg.  I had to sign a piece of paper that they could take my mom's leg if necessary. I was terrified!!... My husband and kids were with me.... my mothers brothers ans sisters were there...but all the sudden I said "I have to call Jamie, I need my brother!" I called him, it was the middle of the night...he came. He always comes when I call...and it always gives me strength..that extra bit of strength I need to get me through.  In Psalms 138:3 it says "you (God) encourage me by giving me strength." One of the reasons God gave me my brother was for those times when I need extra strength. Now when Jamie walks in a room and I grow stronger, I know to thank God! Because that gift of strength, that gift of love that gift of my brother, Jamie came straight from God!  I love you baby brother!.... Thank you God that you gave me my brother, Jamie.  Who are you thankful for today? Who gives you that extra bit of needed strength?

No comments: