I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 17, 2011

6.17.11

Proverbs 17:9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

My Thoughts
This is an important Bible verse to remember.  As humans we tend to remember and dwell more on what has hurt us.... or made us mad and upset more than we do on the good things people do.  We can have a friend for years that has done all kinds of sweet and kind things for us... then one act of selfishness, or one thing said on a bad day can ruin a friendship. How sad is that!!  Years of love and kindness destroyed over few minutes of a bad mood... all because we dwell on the mistakes,  all because we find fault instead of forgiving and and choosing to dwelling all the good we have had from a friendship.  How different would our life be, our wold be,  if we just made it a habit of dwelling on the good in life, in people, in the world.  Our own attitude would change if when we walked into a room we and sat down at a table full of people and we made a conscious effort to think a good thought about each and every person... just one good thought.  What if we walked into our work place and made sure to think one good thought about each and ever person we came in contact with that day.  So often we see somebody at work and our first thought is how they may have wronged us at some point.. how sad is that!?!  I am going to make an effort to think good things about people the minute I set my eyes on them!...Imagine how a marriage could change if every time your spouse walked into the room you made sure to think a good thought about them... or every time  child walked into a room you thought a good thought about them.... Just think how your relationship with a person you have a hard time with could change if you made yourself think a good thought... Philippians 4:8 tells us "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. We are instructed not to dwell on the bad..but to think about the good and be forgiving... we are told to do these things because it will make our lives so much better.... the better our lives are the more productive we can be...the more we can share love just as God intended.

No comments: