I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, June 27, 2010

6.27.10

Acts 18:9-11 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, "Don't be afraid! Speak out! Don't be silent! For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me." So Paul stayed there for the next year and a half, teaching the word of God.

My Thoughts
I think often we don't speak out for God in places like work... we want to follow the rules... and we break God's rules in doing so... God will be with us if we choose his rules to protect... and if we choose God's rules to protect we are being a witness for God.  Often there are lots of people that want to follow God's rules over the rules of work but are afraid to stand up themselves... but when we are brave and do what God ask of us in the face of "human rules" God is with us and it gets other people on board.  A dear friend of my told  me about being assigned a new job at work... and she told her manager that there were things she couldn't do if she took this job... and that if he was not comfortable with the things she couldn't do he could feel free to ask somebody else.... he choose her for the job and was happy about the things she wouldn't do... those things had made him uncomfortable too... he enjoyed letting her take the credit  for following what God wanted over what work wanted, but he supported her 100%... There are many ways to be a witness for God.... choosing what God wants over what man wants is one of the most powerful.

No comments: