I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, June 24, 2010

6.24.10

Psalms 142:1-2 I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy.  I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.

My Thoughts
When we talk to God we tend to tell God what we think he wants to hear... oh we tell him the sins we have committed and ask forgiveness and sometimes that IS hard to do.  We ask God to be with people that we love and the people that we have promised to pray for.... and that is a good thing!!... but we forget that God knows our every thought and feeling and we can even complain to God.  I think that maybe sometimes we sin by talking about other people because we have to complain sometimes...and if we remember that God knows anyway we can complain to God... We can say God this person was mean to me today and it makes me mad!  God it isn't fair that I am ask to do this at work and nobody else is.  We can say God why does my mom expect this of me.  We can say I don't like the way my friend treated me today it just isn't right.  We can say these things to God and God hears us... he know those thought anyway...talk to God about them!  If we talk to God about our complaints about others then we will be less likely to talk about those people at work, or the ball field or even church.  If we complain to God we won't say something to somebody else that can get taken out of context or spread around to other people...and  if we complain to God, God actually has the power to do something about it.  God wants us to talk to him about everything in our lives, everything!  I am going to learn to take even my complaints and my troubles to God. I bet Jesus complained to God about how we people acted!

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I agree with you all the way. I also believe God wants to hear about our joys, yes we say thank you, but do we share those joys and excitment like we do with a friend? When I look at look at my grandchildren playing and they know I am there I hear "Grandma, so & so pushed me or this and that, but I also hear Grandma look at me, I can swim, look at me I can do this or that and Grandma look at this beautiful flower, and so on and so on. You know what? I want to hear it all, and I think that is how God is with us. He wants to hear about the things that hurt us, hinder us, and excite us with joy, awe and wonder. Thank you Jeannie for reminding me of such a basic part of my faith, belief and love of our Lord... communication. Have a blessed day and thank you for these daily 'devotions' or thoughts.