I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, June 17, 2010

6.17.10

Proverbs 17:9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

My Thoughts
You know when somebody hurts our feeling and we can't get it off our minds... so we think about it, and think about it... we just get completely obsessed... not only does it effect our love or feelings for that person it effect out ability to love  and be loving to all the other people around us.  Our unforgiveness eats us up... like a cancer that is growing that we can't take control of... days go by and that is all we are thinking of.  It is amazing, amazing what speaking the words out loud I forgive can do.. you don't even have to say it to them...often the other person doesn't even know you are upset...just speak the words out loud to God... God I forgive ______ for_______.  Then when you feel yourself obsessing again, say those words again.  When you do this you are inviting God to take over...and putting up a shield that doesn't let the devil in! Sometimes you have to do it over and over and over... but do it over and over and over and let that forgiveness heal you spirit so that you are free to love the people around you.

No comments: