I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6.2.10

John 21:25 Jesus also did many other things.  If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.

My Thoughts
It is amazing how much you miss when you don't read the Bible for yourself... I know because this is the first time I have done this...I have relied on the preacher, or Sunday School for what I have known about God's word...  a little reading here or there... but now I am almost half way through the Bible... and I am totally blown away, amazed and what I am learning...and so excited to learn more and start over again... then I come across this passage and find out there is so much that Jesus did that we will never know... so much he taught, so much that he said... wow to see and read the book that the world could not contain, now wouldn't that be amazing... If there is one thing in this world that I could encourage people to do is to get them a One Year Bible or a Two Year Bible and take time every day to read it... it will change you in ways that you never dreamed... it will make your life choices easier to make... the blessing you will receive are beyond measure... you know how Christmas made the Grinch's heart grow... well the Bible and prayer will do just that to your heart!.. let God's word be the change people see in you.

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I know that it means soooo much when I stay in God's word. It usually takes me about a year and a half to get through and then I start over and read it all over again. But the thing that amazes me is that each time and each day there is something new to learn. Our daily food.