I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 12, 2010

6.12.10

Proverbs 17:3 Fire test the purity of silver and gold, but the Lord test the heart.

My Thoughts
From what I understand, and if I am wrong please tell me!  Gold melts at such high temperatures that the other thing in the gold melts first and that way you know that gold is not pure... but you can use heat to separate gold from the impurities to make the gold  about 99% pure.  You can also use heat to mold gold into new shapes.  God knows our heart, God knows the impure things in our heart and God can test our heart to see what is there that doesn't belong.  God can also remove the bad from our hearts by his grace... isn't that exciting if we expose our hearts to God, just like if we expose gold to heat, our hearts can get purer and purer... just like the longer you expose gold to heat the purer it gets, the longer we expose our hearts to God the purer our hearts get.  Can we be 100% perfect, no... but we can do our best to be pure, we can expose our hearts to God and he can remold us into the people he wants us to be.

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

I do believe you are right. I love this verse! Something I try to remember all the time is, God is the potter, I am the clay. I am not the potter. If I am pliant, moldable... Open to Gods will, not stubborn and set in my ways, then God can mold me.. same thing with this verse and Gold. Love this.