I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6.23.10

Psalms 141:3 Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.

My Thoughts
This should be our prayer all the time!... what we say, the words that come out of our mouths are so important... we can build up or destroy with our words... we change our own spirit with the words that come from our mouths.... we should always be mindful or our words, once they are out of our mouths they have already done the damage if they are harsh or unkind.  We should make a joyful noise to the Lord...all that comes from our mouth should be words that would make God happy... if we do that then our words would never be harmful to others.

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is so true. When I gave my life to the Lord that was the first thing that you noticed.... He cleaned up my act as nastyness is what used to pour out of my mouth. But with His love I try to use my words to always lift, and encourage others and in the process it always encourages and helps me more. Amazing how He works.